By Dr. Mona Eikel-Pohen and Dr. Martha Diede
When you've been on Zoom and need a break. Or when you just need a break.
- Close your eyes and just listen to the sounds around you.
- Close your eyes and focus on what you feel on your skin.
- Close your eyes and focus on what you smell right now.
- Close your eyes and imagine your favorite smell.
- Pick up an object near you and feel it for a moment, close your eyes.
- Walk around your chair 3 times (if possible)
- Finger / 2 sides of the brain exercises.
- Dance party with camera on / off.
- Massage your forehead for a moment.
- Think of your favorite food / drink.
- Assume a seated pigeon position or sit cross-legged in front of your screen for a zoom meeting.
- Take off your shoes and socks for a moment.
- 3 deep breaths in and out.
- Rename yourself in Zoom after a person you look up to.
- Look out of the window for a moment.
- Close your eyes, and imagine your favorite natural view.
- Go for a walk in a wooded area. Move slowly. Note the smells; observe the leaves/needles.
- Find a series of yoga stretches that you can do in your desk chair, and do them.
- Look out the window for five minutes. Notice the changing light patterns.
- Read a book you like, just for fun.
- Watch a comedic film or episode. Allow yourself to laugh.