- Take Ownership
- Review what the requester needs
- Create Work Order
- Go to Syracuse Work Order
- Assignments Tab
- New Row
- Add Shop
- If Custodial, Grounds or Housekeeping make an assignment note as to who you radioed.
- Add person if you are dispatching directly to someone.
- Return from Syracuse Work Order
- Go Home
- Grab Next one
The Dispatch Start Center has 3 portlets
- Favorite Applications
- Service Requests for Review
- Approved Work Orders with No Assignment
- Service Request (SP)
- Syracuse Work Order
- Create Service Request
Service Requests for Review = Service Requests that need a work order created or need to be sent to Accounting for a customer agreement
Approved Work Orders with No Assignment = Any work order that has been created and has no shop or technician assignment
To Process a maintenance service request
- Select a service request to process from the Service Requests for Review portlet
- Take Ownership, this will let everyone else in Dispatch know that you are working on this Service Request. If you see someone else's name in the owner field, go home and select another service request.
- Review the details and any attachments on the service request. If anything is missing or unclear, contact the requester for clarification or more information.
- Ensure the location is correct. This is especially important for spaces owned by Auxiliaries. The billing for Housing and Dining is determined by the location in a Maintenance Service SR/WO.
- Update any information as needed.
- Create the Work Order and then go to the new Work Order
- Select the Assignment Tab
- Click on the button for New Row, you can add as many New Rows as you need for the shops required to complete the job.
- Click on the caret to close the details
- IF SCHEDULING THE WORK ORDER: Type or use the magnifying glass to select a Shop
- If scheduling the work order, the shop supervisor will have the option to dispatch to a technician or leave it in the queue as work orders assigned to the shop.
- IF DISPATCHING THE WORK ORDER: Type or use the magnifying glass to select a Shop AND type or use the magnifying glass to select a technician.
- If selecting a technician, the technician will get a notification on their iPads of the new assignment.
- DO NOT CLICK ON COMPLETE ASSIGNMENT. This removes what you're trying to assign and no one will get notified the work order exists.
- Click on either of the Save Icons
- An assignment for Supervisor QA Review will automatically appear for the supervisor later in the process. There will be one Supervisor QA Review for each unique Shop Assignment, i.e., If there are 2 assignments for the Carpenter shop and 1 assignment for the Machine shop there will be 2 Supervisor QA Review Lines, one for the Carpenter Shop Supervisor and one for the Machine Shop Supervisor.
- Click on the Link for Return
- Go Home and use the Service Requests for Review portlet to select another Service Request to process