This page serves as a reference for those seeking assistance in adapting their courses to the learning environment during COVID-19.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: What happens once I submit the Course Transition Assistance Form?
- A: Once the form is submitted, a team member will contact you to further discuss your needs and provide you with the appropriate resources.
- Q: What services are being offered?
- A: Instructional design, content production, video recording, and customization of your Blackboard course space are a few of the areas you can seek support and assistance.
- Q: What SU departments are involved in this process?
- A: The CTLE, CODL, ITS are collaborating to provide the assistance needed to transition to remote instruction. Syracuse University has partnered with Blackboard Academic Services to provide fall course transition services to faculty.
- Q: My course has specialized experiences (labs, recitation). How can I do this online?
- A: Each individual case will be reviewed by an instructional designer and will develop a plan for the instructor's approval. The transition team will work with university resources to provide the necessary technical assistance to adapt the specialized experience to the online environment to ensure an engaging experience for your students.
- Q: Am I required to use these services? I already have experience in creating online content.
- A: No, you are not required to use these services. These services are offered as a support to professors , and you are welcome to fill out the form for any level of assistance.
- Q: How can I request assistance?
- A: To request assistance or find out more information, please fill out the Course Transition Assistance Form
- Q: Do I need to submit a Course Transition Assistance Form for each course?
A: No, please list all the courses on the form that you require assistance with.
- Q: Where can I find out more info about Kaltura, a leading video platform powering any video experience for our organization.
- A: You can find more information by visiting the Kaltura at Syracuse University page.
- Q: Who can I contact if I have more questions?
- A: You can email firstname.lastname@example.org