This page will serve as a reference in support of the Syracuse University initiative to provide online learning for the Fall 2020 semester. Faculty are encouraged to take advantage of the University resources and the combined efforts of the Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence, Information Technology Services, Online Learning Services, the Center for Online and Digital Learning and Blackboard Academic Services (transition team).
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: What services are being offered?
- A: Instructional design, content production, video recording, and customization of your Blackboard course space are a few of the areas you can seek support and assistance.
- Q: How can I request assistance?
- A: To request assistance or find out more information, please fill out the
- Q: My content is ready to be built in Blackboard, how do I notify the team that it's ready?
- A: Please submit the Course is Ready for Transition Form to notify the team that your course is ready.
- Q: Am I required to use these services? I already have experience in creating online content.
- A: No, you are not required to use these services. These services are offered as a support to professors ...but you are welcome to fill out the form for any level of assistance.
- Q: What SU departments are involved in this process?
- A: The CTLE, CODL, ITS are collaborating to provide the assistance needed to transition to remote instruction. Syracuse University has partnered with Blackboard Academic Services to provide fall course transition services to faculty.
- Q: My course has specialized experiences (labs, recitation). How can I do this online?
- A: Each individual case will be reviewed by an instructional designer and will develop a plan for the instructor's approval. The transition team will work with university resources to provide the necessary technical assistance to adapt the specialized experience to the online environment to ensure an engaging experience for your students.
- Q: Where can I find out more info about Kaltura, a leading video platform powering any video experience for our organization.
- A: You can find more information about Kaltura by clicking this link.
- Q: Who can I contact if I have more questions?
- A: You can email email@example.com