- Navigating Appointments
- Manage / Calendar / New Appointment / Check-in Kiosk / Waiting Room
- In Person Appointments versus Virtual on Handshake
- Building Appointment Blocks
- Assigning Appointment Types to your Appointment Blocks/Self
- Facilitating Appointments
Direct from Handshake
Academy: Virtual & In-person Appointments | New to Handshake | Maximizing Student Use of Handshake | Handshake Mobile App | Working with Alumni, Graduating & Transfer Students | Reporting & Analytics Training
Help Center: Appointments | Hosting via Video on Handshake | New to Handshake | How to View a Student's Profile | How to View as a Student | Student Activity Dashboard | Helping Students Get the Most from Handshake | Student Homepage FAQs
Default Search Filters
We’ll use the Jobs tab for this example. This is the same process for this section as well.
First, create your search:
- Click Jobs on the left-hand navigation bar.
- You will see toward the left of the screen a list of filters you can use to create the criteria for your search. Filters include items such as Job Type, Salary Type, School Year, etc. Select the criteria for your search. You will see that the list of Jobs change as you narrow your search by adding additional criteria.
Next, follow these steps if you’d like to save your search results:
- Click Save These Filters.
- Remember, by saving your search you are saving the criteria for the search, not the data the search yielded. The jobs meeting this criteria could possibly change from day to day.
- Enter a Name and Description of your search and click Save.
Lastly, follow these steps if you’d like to make your search filters your default search filter:
- Click My Saved Filters.
- A My Saved Filters window will appear. Click the three ellipses next to the saved search of your choice. Choose Set as Default.
- DO NOT PRESS "APPLY FILTERS". Instead, refresh the page.
- Your search in now your default search. Each time you return to the page, you will only see these set preferences.
- Feel free to remove certain searches as you need or set new default searches as needed.
Did you provide support In Person or through Email to a student without scheduling an appointment?
Add it as a Drop In!
You can manually create appointments using Calendar in Handshake. Make sure to uncheck All under Staff Members and only have your name checked then save preferences at the bottom of the list so that only the schedules you're interested in seeing are shown the next time you return to Calendar.