This article lists various internal and external resources that have been made made available by to students, staff, and faculty from a variety of content providers in response to COVID-19.
Please be aware of the full Academic Continuity resources found on the Academic Continuity resources page.
- Academic Continuity Resource Updates for Faculty (Archive)
- Alternatives to Traditional Exams
- Building Community in Your Online Course
- Fall 2020 Align Your Course for Any Format
- Fall 2020 Preparedness Checklist
- Links to Information on Internet Access Provider's Response to COVID-19
- Mixed Delivery, Hy-Flex, Hybrid, and Flipped Course Design
- Netiquette for Students
- Online Learning Resources Updates for Students (Archive)
- Online Overview Training Sessions for Students
- Preparing for your Virtual Academic Experience
- Rapid Online Course Development Guide
- Refreshing After the Quick Online Pivot
- Reviewing Your Syllabus for Effective Online Assessment: Quick Steps You Can Take Now to Enhance Options and Flexibility for Fall
- Starter Assignment for Fall 2020
- Student Engagement Techniques
- Student Support Resource Toolkit
- Summer Online Course Checklist
- Tips & Tricks to Manage Online Coursework
- Tips for Finishing the Semester Strong
- Tips to Finishing the Semester Strong
- Transforming COVID into a Learning Opportunity for Your Students
- Tutoring and Academic Coaching
- Writing Intensive Courses
Adobe is making temporary at-home access to Creative Cloud available until July 6, 2020 for schools and colleges who currently have only lab access for students, at no additional cost.
Syracuse University has enabled this process and instructions can be found here: https://answers.syr.edu/x/oJRDBg
Syracuse University Library Resources
The University's library buildings are closed, but the staff is still available remotely and there is a large amount of online resources available for Students and Faculty.
LinkedIn Learning offers a variety of online courses in many fields such as productivity software, creative software, and more.
Kanopy provides access to a large streaming library of educational and significant films. Syracuse University students, staff, and faculty have access using their NetID and password.
SU affiliated users can now download JAWS 2020 for home use. “Home Perpetual Licenses can be activated on up to 3 of your computers for personal, noncommercial use.”
VitalSource is a provider of digital textbooks and course materials. They have partnered with other providers of digitized educational material to make a large catalog of e-books available free of charge until May 25th. Using the e-books will require creation of an account.
New York Public Libraries
Any person who lives, works, attends school or pays property taxes in New York State is eligible to receive a New York Public Library card free of charge. Currently only New York State residents are able to sign up for a new card, but members get access to a wide array of digital materials.
Scribd provides ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents and sheet music through it's subscription service. Scribd uses an app that can be installed on android or iOS devices. In response to COVID-19 they are offering 30 days free with the option of continuing with a subscription. You will be required to register for an account.
Pluralsight offers online courses in a variety of technically focused fields such as software development, information & cyber security, IT ops, and more. In response to COVID-19 Pluralsight has made 7000 courses free through April.