Creating Accessible Course Content
- Resources and information for making online course content accessible. (Portland Community College)
Accessibility & Inclusive Design (University of Illinois, Coursera)
- Explore the major types of disabilities and related assistive technology and adaptive strategies, the most salient contours of the legal landscape, and major principles that guide universal design and accessible content creation.
- Free multi-part, multimedia course covering topics such as universal design for the online classroom, complex images, tables, and graphs, captioning, etc.
- Accessible writing is good writing. It makes your content easier for everyone to consume. Here are some tips on how to write with accessibility in mind.
- EDUCAUSEreview, January 30, 2017, Author: Sheryl Burgstahler
- Self-paced instruction to help faculty get started in making online course accessible to, usable by, and inclusive of all students, including those with disabilities.
- These guidelines offer a set of concrete suggestions that can be applied to any discipline or domain to ensure that all learners can access and participate in meaningful, challenging learning opportunities.
Accessible Math and STEM Content
- A collection of information and resources focusing on designing accessible STEM content
- EquatIO from TextHelp (the makers of Read & Write) is a tool that helps make equations, formulas, and graphs accessible. Users can type, write, dictate, or copy any expression and convert it to an accessible format suitable for use in Microsoft Word or Google Docs.
- This page discusses effective communication between faculty and students with disabilities. (DO-IT, University of Washington)