SU Cascade Web Content Management System (WCMS) Developers Group
Table of Contents
- All Cascade developers, managers and administrators are encouraged to participate in this community and contribute to this space.
- Only members of the community can edit these pages. If you are part of the community and cannot edit this page, please contact Eric Mumpton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All information posted on his page is available to the public.
- To edit, add or comment in this area, you must log into the Answers Wiki. The LOG IN link can be found in the upper right corner of this page.
- Meetings will be scheduled periodically and updated in the Events section below.
- A listserv has been established for this community called SU-CASCADE-DEV. You may subscribe to the list at any time by emailing the text "SUBSCRIBE SU-CASCADE-DEV" (in the body of your email) to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU.
- SU Web Developers list = SUWEBDEVELOPERS list
- Cascade Higher Ed listserv
- A Chatter Group has been established for this community in the Syracuse University Salesforce Chatter environment. It is called ITS-OP: Cascade UG. You may self-join this Chatter Group at any time after you have enrolled in the Syracuse University Salesforce Chatter environment (contact the ITS Help Desk to information on how to enroll).
Please do not edit code above this line.
SU Cascade WCMS Developers Group
- 2011 Cascade User's Conference
- 2010 Cascade User's Conference
- 2009 Cascade User's Conference
- 2008 Cascade Users's Conference
No training scheduled at this time.
Hannon Hill vendor links
- WordPress Connector Webinar
- Facebook and Twitter Connectors Webinar
- Google Search Implementation in Cascade Server Webinar
- Best Practices For Linking In Cascade Server Webinar
- Cascade Server 6.10 Webinar
- Best Practices For Script Formats Webinar
- Best Practices for Creating a Mobile Site Webinar
- Cascade Server 6.8 Webinar
- Best Practices For Structured Data Blocks Webinar
- Best Practices For Index Blocks Webinar
- Image Editor Demo
- Cascade Server Velocity Webinar
- Cascade Global to Sites Webinar
- Cascade Server 6.7 Webinar
- Cascade Server 6.4 Webinar
- Velocity Webinar
- Site Migration Webinar
- Admin Flash Demo
- End User Flash Demo
- Client Webinars
Cascade Training documentation
Hannon Hill Training links
Speeding up Cascade
Other Cascade Server Developer Resources
IE6 and IE7 CSS differences
CSS Selector Syntax (See First Table) http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/selector.html
CSS Reset Style Sheets - http://perishablepress.com/press/2007/10/23/a-killer-collection-of-global-css-reset-styles/
Doctype Article - http://www.alistapart.com/articles/doctype/
Recommended Beginner/Intermediate CSS Books
Web Management and Web Developer tools
Some tools to help manage and work on your web site with or without a Cascade Server implementation.
Oxygen XML editor
WYSIWYG Web Builder 6
Eclipse (Text Editor - Download Classic) - http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
WebZip (Download Site For Offline Browsing) - http://download.cnet.com/WebZIP/3000-2377_4-10011036.html?tag=mncol
Spoon (Load Legacy Browsers Via Web) - http://spoon.net/browsers/
Please include name, date and person who contributed document in the link name.
itsapps:Cascade Site Components Relationship diagram (version 6) - July 2009 from Hannon Hill trainer Ross Williams
itsapps:Using a single template with multiple Content Types diagram (version 6) - July 2009 from Hannon Hill trainer Ross Williams
itsapps:Cascade version 5 Components UML diagram - March 2008 from Michael Haskell of Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
Best practices notes
Metadata: If you have a metadata field the will updated often, set it as IN LINE.
Videos: Use Whitman's Ensemble to store your vidoes; for more information, check their website.