The steps below are used to create a secure connection to access University resources via virtual private network (VPN) on a macOS device.
If you require a VPN connection on a Windows 10 devices, please refer to the SURA tool instructions found on the SURA Utility for Windows page.
Setting Up a VPN Connection on MacOS
- Ensure your device is connected to the internet. If you are on campus and need to connect to AoX first, follow the configuration steps here: https://answers.syr.edu/x/igGNAQ.
- Download the VPN connection tool.
- Select the VPN Setup file in your browser's downloads area or search for VPN_Setup.dmg in your spotlight area and launch the file.
Scroll down once the window opens and select the "resources" folder.
Clicking The blue box with the "S" will result in an error that says '" " is damaged and can't be opened."
- Once inside the resources folder, open the "SUVPNconfig.internetconnect" file.
- Under Account Name, enter your NetID and click "Connect".
(You may be required to Apply Changes before continuing)
- Enter your NetID and password.
- You should now be connected to the VPN.
Connecting to a Network Drive
To connect remotely to your network drive, please follow the instructions found here: Connecting Remotely to a Network Drive on macOS
For instructions on printing wirelessly with your Mac, please follow the instructions found here: Wireless Printing for MacOS