Configuring Microsoft Office Outlook 2016 to work with SUmail
Table of Contents
First you will need to retrieve your email settings
- Log into your SUmail account using the web interface at: https://sumail.syr.edu
- Search Settings (The gear icon in the top right) for "POP and IMAP"
- A screen like this will appear
- With Outlook open, navigate to File and Select "Add Account"
- In the window that appears select "Manual setup or additional setup types" and press Next
- Select "POP or IMAP" and press Next
- Fill out the form with your NetID Credentials. For incoming mail server enter the POP Server name that you found above. Likewise for the Outgoing mail server enter the SMTP Server name from before.
- Click "More Settings ..."
- Navigate to the "Outgoing Server" tab
- Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
- Select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
- Navigate to the "Advanced" tab
- Change the Incoming Server (POP3) to the POP Port number that you found above. Also check the box that says "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)"
- Change the Outgoing Server (SMTP) to the SMTP Port number that you found above. Also change the encryption method to the SMTP encryption method that you found before.
- Click OK then click Next
- Outlook will verify the account settings, if either test fails double-check the settings.
- Click Finish and close the Account Settings window