On your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod) you have a default mail application called Apple Mail. This works wonderfully with SUMail. However, you can also download the Outlook app to use with your SUmail.
Instructions for configuring SUMail in Apple Mail
- Tap Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Add Account
- Tap "Exchange"
- Tap in the E-mail box and enter your full e-mail address (for example, Netid@syr.edu).
- When the pop-up appears, choose sign-in.
- A Microsoft window will open in. Tap in the password field and enter your NetID password. Then tap Sign In.
As long as the password is correct, the Microsoft page will close and you will be brought back to your Mail.app.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize. By default, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Notes are all turned on. To turn off synchronization for a type of information, tap and slide the switch to OFF
8. Tap Save
Instructions for configuring SUMail in Outlook App
- Download the free Outlook app from Apple's App Store.
- The app will ask you to add your work or personal email. You will enter your NETID@syr.edu.
- If you have the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone, it will ask you to go there to get the code. If you have text remediation, look for the text with the code. We recommend ALL students use the Microsoft Authenticator app. You can learn more about setting it up here: How to Configure Microsoft Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- The Authenticator will ask you for your email/NetID password to give the remediation code.
Now your email is set up in Outlook. Good job, friend!