- Download the free Outlook app from Apple's App Store.
- The app will ask you to add your work/school account or personal email. Enter your NetID@syr.edu.
- If you have the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone, Outlook will automatically pass through your credentials once you authenticate with the Microsoft Authenticator app. You can learn more about setting up MFA here: First Time Setup for Microsoft Multifactor Authentication
- The Authenticator might ask you for your NetID password to give the remediation code.
- Now your email is set up in Outlook. Excellent job, friend!
Using Microsoft Outlook App Preferred
While it is convenient to use the built-in Mail app for your Apple iPhone, Syracuse University recommends using the Microsoft Outlook App for iOS to get the best experience with your SUMail account
- Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account
- Tap "Exchange"
- Tap in the Email box and enter your full email address (for example, Netid@syr.edu).
- When the pop-up appears, choose sign-in.
- A Microsoft window will open in. Tap in the password field and enter your NetID password. Then tap Sign In.
- As long as the password is correct, the Microsoft page will close and you will be brought back to your Mail.app.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize. By default, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Notes are all turned on. To turn off synchronization for a type of information, tap and slide the switch to OFF
- Tap Save
You might be asked to remove and re-add your email account as a troubleshooting step. Please follow the steps below to remove your SUMail configuration:
To remove an account:
- Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts
- Select the account you want to delete.
- Select Delete Account.
- Select Delete Account again to verify.
- The account is now removed!