Follow the steps below to connect your Linux System to AirOrangeX.
Please note that Linux is not currently a supported operating system. Users having issues related to connecting may visit the ITS Help Desk, however, support will be best-effort and some Linux machines may be unable to connect.
The following instructions have been confirmed for Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS Bionic Beaver, 19.04 Disco Dingo, and Fedora 30.
- From the drop down menu available in the top right corner of the screen choose "Select Network"
- Select "AirOrangeX" from the list of available networks
- A window will pop up that says "Wi-Fi Authentication Required," change the following settings :
- Change the Authentication dropdown to Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Leave the "Anonymous Identity" and "Domain" fields empty.
- Check the box that reads "No CA certificate is required."
- "PEAP version" should be "Automatic."
- "Inner Authentication" should be MSCHAPv2
- Finally for the username and password enter your NetID and password.
- Hit the "Connect" button and after a few moments a check mark should appear next to AirOrangeX if successful.
Sources and Relevant Links
More about required settings: http://airorangehelp.syr.edu/tools/ManuallyUnixWirelessNetworking.html