Below you will find instructions on connecting a Windows 10 device to AirOrangeX, Syracuse University's secure wireless network.
Table of Contents
Connecting Windows 10 to AirOrangeX
- Connect to AirOrangeHelp by clicking on the WiFi symbol on the bottom right of your taskbar and select AirOrangeHelp. Once selected, click Connect.
- Once connected, your default browser will automatically launch bringing you to airorangehelp.syr.edu. Click Start to begin the process.
- The website will automatically detect you are on a Windows computer and present multiple options. Choose Download for Windows.
- Once downloaded, you will need to Open the file.
- This will open a File Explorer window. Double-click on Cloudpath to start extracting the file.
- You will be asked where you would like to extract the file. The default location determined by Windows should be used. Click Extract.
- Once extracted, you can now run the Cloudpath application by double-clicking on the Cloudpath icon in File Explorer.
- You may see an alert that states ">SmartScreen can't be reached right now." Choose Run.
- Cloudpath will launch. At the Cloudpath screen, enter your NetID and NetID password to start the configuration.
- Once complete, Cloudpath will alert your that you are now connect to the AirOrangeX network. Congratulations!
AirOrangeX is not an option in the list of available networks
If your computer is not seeing the AirOrangeX network appear in the list of your available WiFi networks, it is recommended that you first restart your computer.
If you still can't see AirOrangeX after a full restart of the computer, we recommend contacting ITS for further assistance..
AirOrangeHelp or AirOrangeX states 'Connected' but No Internet
When on campus, you may find that you are able to connect to either AirOrangeHelp (AOH) or AirOrangeX (AOX) but your Wi-Fi will show No Internet and not be able to connect. We recommend first trying to Reset your Network Settings.
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Settings
- Click Network & Internet
- Scroll down and click Reset Now
- Click Yes to confirm and restart your computer. (The computer will restart automatically in 5 minutes if you take no action)
- Your computer will now restart and your network adapters and configuration will be reset.
Once your computer restarts, attempt to connect to AOH again by visiting: aoh.syr.edu
AirOrangeHelp is the only page I can navigate to
If your preferred browser is being redirected back to the AirOrangeHelp page, please clear the cache of your browser to alleviate the redirect.
Cloudpath says there was an error connecting
First, please verify you are using the correct credentials on our NetID self-service page.
Second, verify your date and/or time settings are correct. Without WiFi, some computers cannot accurately set the date and time causing a certificate to seem invalid. This can sometimes be an issue with international devices that are set to a different time zone, so we advise when attempting to connect to have that updated for the Eastern Time Zone prior to connecting.
If the device will not complete the authentication step, please verify you are using the correct credentials on our NetID self-service page.