Connecting a Chromebook to AirOrangeX
Step 1 - Open the Network Menu
Click on the wireless button in the bottom-right corner of the screen where the clock is located, then navigate to where it says "No network" to view a list of wireless networks.
Step 2 - Choose AirOrangeX
Under the list of networks select AirOrangeX.
Step 3 - Select Security Type and Enter Credentials
- Set EAP method as "PEAP"
- Under Phase 2 authentication, select "MSCHAPV2"
- For CA certificate select 'do not validate'
- Under Identity and password, enter your NetID credentials.
- You may need to check the box next to "Save identity and password" so your Chromebook will remember your credentials.
- Note: No other fields will require attention.
Click Connect to proceed.
Step 4 - Verify Connection
AirOrangeX will now indicate that it is connected. The device is now connected to AirOrangeX.
If your device is not seeing any of the SU wireless networks, you may be having software or hardware related issues with the device. We recommend contacting the ITS Service Center for further assistance.
If the device will not complete the authentication step, please verify your credentials on our NetID self-service page.
Be sure the date and time are correctly configured.
If the Chromebook is defaulting to AirOrangeHelp or Guest, you may need to go into the settings to "forget" those networks in order for it to properly connect to AirOrangeX. Instructions can be found on this Google page.