The SU email policy requires that all official University email communications be sent to your @syr.edu email address.
Forward At Your Own Risk
If you choose to re-direct your @syr.edu email to another account, such as @gmail.com or @yahoo.com, you do so at your own risk. Third party email providers will often see that the messages are not coming from the originally intended account and recent security practices may result in failure to deliver said mail without notice. It is recommended that you access your Syracuse University email via your SUMail account when possible.
How to Enable Forwarding
1. Login to your SUMail account at http://sumail.syr.edu.
2. Select the "Gear" from the top right-hand corner and then "Options" from the drop down menu.
3. Type "forwarding" in the search box and click on the "Forwarding" option below.
4. Click "Start forwarding" to enter an email address to forward or click "Stop Forwarding" to cancel it.
5. Check the box if you want to keep email copies in your SU mail account.
7. Click save to acknowledge and start the forwarding emails!