The SU email policy requires that all official University email communications be sent to your @syr.edu email address.
Forward At Your Own Risk
If you choose to re-direct your @syr.edu email to another account, such as @gmail.com or @yahoo.com, you do so at your own risk. Third party email providers will often see that the messages are not coming from the originally intended account and security practices may result in failure to deliver said mail without notice. It is recommended that you access your Syracuse University email via your SUMail account whenever possible.
How to Enable Forwarding
1. Login to your SUMail account at http://sumail.syr.edu.
2. Select the "Gear" from the top right-hand corner and look for the "Search Outlook settings" in the panel that appears.
3. Type "forwarding" in the search box and click on the "Forwarding" option below.
4. Click "Start forwarding" to enter an email address to forward or click "Stop Forwarding" to cancel it.
5. It is strongly recommended to enable the "Keep a copy of forwarded messages" option. This way if a forwarded email is rejected by your email service, a copy will be retained in your SUmail account.
7. Click save to acknowledge and any new emails will be forwarded to the address you specified.
For support of the information above, contact the ITS Help Desk by calling at 315-443-2677, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by stopping into 1-227 CST.
Faculty and staff are highly encourage to begin support by contacting their academic or administrative support personnel.