Staff and faculty are given official email accounts in Exchange. Microsoft Outlook, which is available on computers within SU's Active Directory domain, is most commonly used to manage Exchange accounts. Web-based access to Exchange accounts is also available at: exchange.syr.edu.
Some departmental units and colleges may also offer additional email accounts for faculty and staff. For more information, please contact your academic or administrative support personnel.
- Configuring Exchange on Windows 10
- Configuring Exchange on macOS (Apple Mail)
- Configuring Exchange on an iPhone or iPad
- Configuring Exchange on Android Devices
Accessing Exchange on Other Devices
The native email application on devices not listed above, such as Chromebooks, Blackberry, and some cellular phones, do not currently support Exchange configurations. Users of these devices should simply visit exchange.syr.edu to access their faculty or staff email account.
Below is a list of known devices and apps that do not support Exchange configurations:
- Cell phones with basic e-mail capability, such as IMAP
- Mail apps requiring app passwords, such as Thunderbird