Emailing pictures from a smartphone is quite simple. You will normally use two apps, one for the email and one for browsing your gallery of pictures. If you are using an Android phone, you can use the Outlook or Gmail app and the Photos app (or any other photo gallery app that you use to see photos in your phone). If you are using an iPhone, you will be using the Outlook or Mail app and the Photos App.
Email Using an Android
- Make sure that the photo(s) you’re trying to email are saved onto your phone.
- Open the photo app on your phone. In the photo gallery, long press each photo you would like to share until it shows as selected. A dot (or a check mark) will appear in the corner.
- Tap the Share icon and choose your desired email. The share icon (
- After tapping the share icon, you are given a number of options, depending on the accounts associated with the phone. Android phones most commonly have a "GMail" account. Once email is selected this will carry the chosen photos into a new window, where they will be attached to an email.
- Compose your email message and send. By tapping on the fields, enter an email contact and a message if desired. You can also add a subject here.
- If prompted select a file size of Small or Medium so that your photo size is compatible with most websites.
Email Using an iPhone (iOS)
- Open your photo app and find the picture(s) you want to email. The photo app is an icon that looks similar to a multi-colored flower.
- Select your photos. Click Select at the upper right hand of your screen, then click the picture(s) you wish to send. You are able to send multiple images by tapping them consecutively. At this point you should see an indication that the photos have been selected.
- Click the share symbol and attach to your mail. The share symbol ( (The application shown in the example below is the Apple Mail app)
- Construct your email. After you click on the mail icon, a new message will appear. Write the body of the email and fill out the subject.
- Add contacts. Click on the “To:” field if your cursor is not already on it. Type in who you want to send your message to.
- Send your email. Once all pictures are attached, click the send icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- When prompted about the message size, choose Small so that your photo size is compatible with most websites.
For support of the information above, contact the ITS Help Desk by calling at 315-443-2677, by emailing email@example.com, or by stopping into 1-227 CST.