Information Technology Support
Page tree

*A list member leaves SU or changes status*

Table of Contents


What a list owner or other "proactive individual" can do when a list member (student or employee) leaves SU or changes status.


This situation often occurs when a supervisor, faculty member, or otherwise responsible/observant person recognizes someone is leaving SU or changing departments, and they should no longer be members of lists. SU & ITS greatly appreciates this proactive activity, and will help in every way we can. The "proactive individual" can do the following:

  • Remove the person from any lists they own via the Listserv interfaces (email or web)
  • Contact the owner(s) of the list(s) the person should be removed from.
  • Contact the person's supervisor or other "person in authority" who can request that ITS perform list removal
  • Ask the individual to clean up their list memberships. A list member can ALWAYS remove themselves from any list.

Generally, ITS will NEVER remove a person from all lists without looking at the individual lists, as list membership may fall into any of the following categories:

  • Lists relating to employment duties, such as committee membership. Former employees/students MAY have an agreement to continue to perform work.
  • Lists relating to SU position or status: these can generally be removed upon confirmation from someone in authority.
  • Personal lists (personal interests such a topic or activity): these typically continue even after the relationship changes.
  • Generic SU lists such as daily events, alumni, etc.: these memberships will generally continue.


List owners are responsible for all questions from list members

  • List members should contact their list owner(s) for help at <>. For example, if the listname is "clocks", send email to <>. If you need help contacting the owner, please contact the ITS Service Center by email at or by phone at 315-443-2677.
  • List owners may receive help by sending email to or contacting the ITS Service Center at 315-443-2677.