Logging in to Microsoft 365
To access Microsoft 365 at Syracuse University, follow these steps:
- Go to office.syr.edu.
- Enter your NetID@syr.edu email address and NetID password.
- Click on the "Sign In" button.
Downloading the Office applications
Installable Office applications are available for active students and full time staff.
To download the Office applications, go to office.syr.edu and follow these steps:
- Click on the "Install Apps" button in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the Office application that you want to download, such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Follow the prompts to download and install the application on your computer.
Note: You can also access Microsoft 365 web apps and services by clicking on the Microsoft 365 bento menu icon ().
Features and Included Applications
Microsoft 365 includes a range of applications and services to help you work more productively and collaboratively. Some of the most popular features include:
- OneDrive: Store and share files securely in the cloud.
- Teams: Collaborate with colleagues in real-time through chat, video calls, and document sharing.
- OneNote: Create digital notebooks to organize your notes and ideas.
- Forms: Create surveys, quizzes, and polls to gather feedback and data.
- Power Automate: Automate tasks and workflows to save time and streamline processes.
- Planner: Organize tasks and projects with visual, interactive boards.
- Stream: Share and watch videos securely within your organization.
- Power BI: Create dynamic, data-driven dashboards and reports.
- Windows 10 Education: Access the latest version of the Windows operating system for education.
- Downloadable Microsoft Office Applications: Access classic Office applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on your desktop or mobile device.
Where can I learn more about Microsoft 365?
The Microsoft 365 Training Center offers a range of online tutorials and resources to help you get the most out of Microsoft 365.
What if I am No Longer a Current Student or Staff/Faculty?
If you are no longer eligible for the Microsoft Licensing Program that provides access to Microsoft 365, you may need to purchase a personal license through Microsoft or seek out other commercial or consumer Microsoft 365 plans.
Keep in mind that once your eligibility ends, your access to Microsoft 365 services may be limited or discontinued, so it's important to retrieve any personal data you need to retain before leaving the University.
Refer to the IT Resource Access for Inactive Affiliations page for information about access to Microsoft 365 after graduation or retirement.
Microsoft 365 Add-ons
While add-ons can provide additional functionality and convenience to the Office suite, Syracuse University's license for Microsoft 365 does not currently allow for add-ons to be added or supported by ITS or end-users.
If you would like to use Microsoft 365 with add-ons, you will need to purchase a personal license and add them at your own discretion.