Syracuse University recently implemented Zoom video conferencing for students, faculty and staff.
Those with personal zoom.us accounts configured using an @syr.edu email address will be prompted to accept transitioning to the Syracuse University implementation. Below you will find a step by step process to bring your existing Zoom account to Syracuse University's Zoom.
2U Zoom Users
Step by Step Guide
- If you created an account with your @syr.edu email address on zoom.us and would now like to use a licensed Syracuse University Zoom account you will first need to login with your existing credentials on zoom.syr.edu.
- This will prompt you to log in with your NetID and password.
- You will then be prompted to confirm your email address.
- Check your email to switch your account. This will need to be done within 24 hours from the time you requested to move the account. The email will come from email@example.com and will look similar to the below email.
- The link inside will prompt you to verify that you want to switch to a Syracuse University account. It states that after you switch you will able to still access your saved meetings and recordings, your role will be "member" as well as your new account may have different features from the current Zoom account you have. To see what features are part of the Syracuse University Zoom you can visit our Web Conferencing Comparison page.
- As long as you checked the 'I Acknowledge and Switch' button, you will get an on-screen notification that your account has been switched successfully and that you are now a member of Syracuse University Zoom.