Some user groups such as Applicants at Syracuse University must log in to MySlice to access key information from SU but do not have a SUMail email account provisioned. The page below details the instructions to access MySlice as an Applicant, Project Advance instructor, Project Advance student, or other user population without an active email inbox.
Instructions to Access MySlice as an Applicant or SUPA (Project Advance) Instructor / Student
Access to the University's computing services, including MySlice, Blackboard, SUMail, and many other systems, are controlled through your NetID username and NetID password.
Please note the following:
- The NetID is derived automatically from the user's name based on available NetIDs. No two NetIDs are the same.
- Applicants for admission to SU receive information about activating their NetID via an email (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) from the Office of Admissions.
- New College of Professional Studies (CoPS) students receive information about their NetID via US Mail or in person, corresponding with the manner in which they register.
- Users can manage their NetID password at any time at http://netid.syr.edu.
Additional information is available on the Accounts and NetIDs page.
Applicants: Activate and Manage Your NetID and Password
- Once you have received your SUID number, which is included in your letter of admission from Syracuse University, activate your NetID by going to http://netid.syr.edu and selecting "Activate your NetID" from the options provided.
- Follow the provided on screen instructions to finish your NetID activation.
It can take up to 24 business hours after activating your NetID before you will be able to log into MySlice.
Navigate to MySlice and Log In
- Using a supported MySlice browser, navigate to http://myslice.syr.edu
- Once there, click on the 'Student - Faculty - Staff' button.
- MySlice is protected by Microsoft's Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- When you get to the Microsoft Sign in screen, enter your NetID followed by "@syr.edu", for example, NetID "otto44" would enter "email@example.com".
Email access is not available to applicants or Project Advance (PA or SUPA) instructors or students.
For applicants: an active email inbox is automatically generated within 24-48 hours after the acceptance process for newly active students. Once generated, active students access their email address by visiting http://sumail.syr.edu.
- Enter your NetID password
- If you need to change your password, do so at http://netid.syr.edu. Check the NetID Password FAQ for more information.
- If you have not configured MFA already, you will be prompted to configure before being able to log fully into MySlice.
- If prompted, follow the on screen instructions. More instructions are available on the Configuring Microsoft Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) page.