Below you will find information regarding supported web browsers for MySlice and Peoplesoft applications at Syracuse University.
General Browser Support for MySlice
MySlice core applications - Human Resources (HR), Campus Solutions (CS), and Financials (FIN), as well as MySlice itself are based on Oracle's PeopleTools platform, which has specific web browser requirements.
Note: Other applications accessed through MySlice like Blackboard, Bills on the Web, Housing, Parking, etc. may have different browser support requirements which are not listed here.
Oracle officially supports "the current major (Stable) release, and the most prior major release" of Chrome, FF, Safari, and MS Edge
As of August 2020, Internet Explorer (IE) is not supported by Oracle and therefore is not supported for use with MySlice.
Oracle's official and most up-to-date support list can be found here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/indexes/products/browser-policy-2859268.html
In general, unless directed otherwise due to a known compatibility issue, it is best to use the latest current stable release of Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Edge. On mobile devices - Safari for iOS, and Chrome** for Android.
** Chrome is the only officially supported browser on Android devices, many android devices come with an alternate "android web browser" that can be branded by the vendor, often the icon is simply "internet". These browsers, and any browser other than chrome, are specifically not supported. Download Google Chrome from the Google Play Store and replace the default browser.
If you have any difficulty completing functions or services within these systems using the latest browser from the supported list, please contact our Service Center at 315.443.2677 or email@example.com.
MySlice Applications with Known Special Requirements or Issues
(As of August 2019)
- Bills on the Web allows access to Student Bills after students/parents are logged in via MySlice. The application utilizes OnBase Docpop from the Bursar pages to display the student bills. As with PeopleSoft, newer browsers may work properly, however the browsers certified by OnBase for version 16 are:
- Chrome 49
- Firefox 45+
- Internet Explorer 11.0
- Safari 6.2.0, 7.1.0, 8.0.0, 9.0.0
- My Reports is accessed form the Administrative Applications pagelet on MySlice.
- Requires Internet Explorer 11 in compatibility mode. No other browsers are supported by My Reports, and there are no current plans for additional browser support. Financials/MyReports users only need to use IE 11 when planning to access My Reports. Other access does not require IE and will generally work better in other more modern browsers.
- The "Zoom" (screen display) in your IE 11 browser also needs to be set at 100%