How do I sign into Office 365?
All Office 365 services are available by using your NetID@syr.edu email address and NetID password.
- Go to office.syr.edu and login with your SU email address and password
- Click (or tap) on the Office 365 bento menu icon (
- You can also download the Office applications by clicking on "Install Apps" in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Features and Included Applications
- OneDrive - File Storage
- Teams - Group Collaboration
- OneNote - Digital Notebooks
- Forms - Surveys, Quizzes, and Polls
- Power Automate - Workflows
- Planner - Task Organization
- Stream - Video sharing
- Power BI - Dynamic Data Drive Dashboards
- Downloadable Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
- Windows 10 - Education
Where can I learn more about Office 365?
Office 365 Training Center offers online tutorials of all of the features in Office 365.
What if I am No Longer a Current Student or Staff/Faculty?
The Microsoft Licensing Program, through which Office 365 is being offered, is for current students and staff/faculty of participating Universities. If you are no longer eligible for the program (you graduated or left the university), there are consumer or commercial Office 365 plans available.
Once you are no longer eligible, Office 365 services will no longer be available for you to use, or only available with limited functionality. As such, any data you have stored in these services will no longer be available to you. You will need to retrieve any personal data you need to retain before you leave the University.
If you are not a current student, staff, or faculty member, please refer to the IT Resource Access for Inactive Affiliations page for information about access to Office 365 after graduation or retirement.
Office 365 Add-ons
While add-ons for the Office suite can make certain things more accessible or convenient, at this time, the license that Syracuse University provides for Office 365 does not allow for add-ons to be added or supported by ITS or the end-user.
If you would like to use the Office suite with add-ons, you will need to purchase your own personal license through Microsoft and add them at your own discretion.