Information Technology Services (ITS) provides a Syracuse University branded email account in SUMail. SUMail is managed by the university and utilizes Microsoft Office 365 email service. The SU email policy requires that all official university email communications be sent to your @syr.edu email address.
SUMail uses your NetID password. To manage your NetID, including password management and two-factor authentication, visit http://netid.syr.edu.
- Configuring SUMail on Windows 10
- Configuring SUMail on macOS
- Configuring SUMail on an iPhone or iPad
- Configuring SUMail on Android Devices
Accessing SUMail on Other Devices
The native email application on devices not listed above, such as Chromebook, Blackberry, and some cellular phones, do not support methods to access SUMail. Users of these devices should simply visit http://sumail.syr.edu to access their email account through a web browser.
Below is a list of known devices and apps that do not support SUMail:
- Cell phones with basic email capability where they cannot pull settings from Microsoft or use multi-factor authentication
- Mail apps requiring app passwords such as Thunderbird or many Linux based mail clients