Information Technology Services (ITS) provides all active students with an email account in a system called SUMail. SUMail is managed by the university and utilizes Microsoft's Office 365 email service. The SU email policy requires that all official university e-mail communications be sent to your @syr.edu email address.
SUmail uses the same password that you set up for your NetID. To manage your NetID, including passwords management, activation and two-factor authentication, visit http://netid.syr.edu.
- Configuring SUMail on Windows 10
- Configuring SUMail on macOS (Apple Mail)
- Configuring SUMail on an iPhone or iPad
- Configuring SUMail on Android Devices
- Configuring SUMail on Outlook 2016
Accessing SUMail on Other Devices
The native email application on devices not listed above, such as Chromebooks, Blackberry, and some cellular phones, do not currently support Exchange ActiveSync, the supported methods to access SUmail. Users of these devices should simply visit http://sumail.syr.edu to access their student email account.
Below is a list of known devices and apps that do not support Exchange ActiveSync:
- Cell phones with basic e-mail capability, such as IMAP
- Mail apps requiring app passwords, such as Thunderbird