Table of Contents
Creating a Teams Meeting
There are multiple ways to create a meeting for Microsoft Teams. The information below will highlight our recommended steps for creating your next Teams meeting.
Within Microsoft Teams
- Navigate to the Calendar section, located on the sidebar
- In the upper right, click either 'Meet now' or 'New meeting(to create a future meeting)':
Fill out the appropriate meeting information:
Unique to the Teams interface is the ability to schedule a meeting for a Teams channel. This automatically sends the meeting invite to anyone who has access to the selected Team channel without needing to manage a list of attendees.
- Select Calendar View from link in the bottom left.
- Select "New Teams Meeting" from the top bar
- Fill in meeting details
- Send the event and this link will now populate in Outlook and Teams Calendar
Additional Teams How-To Pages
- Adding Users or Groups in Microsoft Teams
- Create a Team in Microsoft Teams
- External/Guest User Meeting Experience
- External/Guest User Teams Experience
- Join a Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Manage Your Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Managing Teams Notifications
- Microsoft Teams Audio and Video Setup
- Scheduling Meetings in Microsoft Teams
- Using Chat in Microsoft Teams