Schemes are associated with projects to control what features are available within that project. Schemes are used to determine:
- project-level and issue-level permissions
- screen layouts (what fields appear on the issue screens and their order)
- issue types (the types of issues available within a project)
- workflow (the steps and statuses used to move an issue through its lifecycle)
- notifications (emails that get automatically generated when issue events occur)
ITS works with project leads and project managers to determine which of the available schemes will work best for that project. Only ITS can change the schemes assigned to a project.