Syracuse University students may share specific sections of their MySlice account with a parent, guardian, and/or family member. Available sections include the financial aid portfolio, academic information, and payment areas.
Note that MySlice was recently updated. While no changes were made to how parent/proxy accounts log in, the user interface has changed significantly. You can find information about what these accounts can see, including screenshots, on the What a Parent Sees page.
Logging Into Parent/Proxy Accounts
To log in, parent/proxy account users should navigate to https://myslice.syr.edu.
The username and password are created and managed by the student. The username is provided via email or directly from the student and will begin with a '1'.
Trouble Logging In?
- Be sure you have confirmed the login credentials with the student or applicant account owner.
- Users being directed to a Microsoft login page are likely logging into the student account. Parent/proxy account users are not permitted to access the student account and should verify they are logging into the correct account.
- Users receiving error messages, such as SSO or authentication related, should clear their browsers cache and cookies before they are able to log in. Instructions are available by browser on the Clearing Browser History and Cache page.
Creating Parent/Proxy Accounts (Student Instructions)
Students and applicants should follow the instructions below to create and manage proxy account for parents, guardians, and/or family members. Each student accounts allows the creation of up to three (3) accounts for various individuals with different levels of access. Parent/proxy account functionality and available options within MySlice is based on which options are checked off by the student (see instructions below).
- Students can find the "Share My Access" tile on Student Home while applicants can find the "Share My Access" tile on Applicant Home.
- Click the "Add a new proxy account" button.
- Enter an account name and password.
- The account name must be at least six characters long, be in UPPER CASE, and must begin with the number '1'.
The password must be at least six but no longer than eight characters long, must be in UPPER CASE, must contain at least one number (0-9), and must have at least one of the following special characters:
` ! # $ & * ( ) - _ = \ | [ ] ' ; : / ? . ,
- Enter the first and last names of the parent, family member, or guardian of whom you are granting access.
- Enter the email address of the parent, family member, or guardian of whom you are granting access.
- Select which sections of MySlice you would like to share. Please note: Applicants may see fewer options than what are displayed below.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions around creating a Shared Access AccountCheck the box next to the terms near the bottom of the page.
- Click the "Save All Changes" button.
- After clicking "Save All Changes," the screen may not appear to change, or you may see a temporary image toward the top right of your screen, indicating that the information has saved. In either case, the information has been saved, and you may click the "Return" button.
- After a shared access account has been created, you may edit any of the user's information, including which sections are shared, but excluding the account name. An account can be deleted at any time, and up to three (3) accounts can be created.
- The parent, guardian, or family member will receive an email informing them that an account has been created, and the account username will be provided in this email. However, the password must be obtained from the student or applicant that created the account. The parent or guardian may now access and use the specific sections that were selected by navigating to https://myslice.syr.edu/ and then entering the username and password for the shared access account.