Handshake is the career platform used by Syracuse University students, staff, and faculty. Career staff that utilize the calendar inside of Handshake can sync the calendar with their SUMail account using the steps below. More details and instructions are also available on the Welcome to Handshake page.
Connecting Handshake to SUMail
- Visit https://syr.joinhandshake.com and click on Syracuse University Login
- At the NetID Login box, enter your NetID and Password
- Once in Handshake, click on your name in the upper right hand corner, then click User Settings
- Click on Calendar Sync on the left side navigation menu
- Click on Authorize Calendar Sync
- You will be shown a list of calendar providers. Choose Office 365 from the list
- Check the box agreeing to the Cronofy Terms of Service, then click Link Office 365 Account
- You will be prompted to Pick an account. Choose your syr.edu email from the list. If you are not presented with your syr.edu account, simply type in your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) then click next
- When prompted for permission, click Accept. After a few moments, you will return to the Handshake Calendar Sync page
- Finally, in the Choose a Calendar drop down menu, make sure your calendar is selected.
- Congratulations! Your calendar is now synced.
For technical support on the information above, please email email@example.com.