What are Academic uses of GitHub?
- Enhanced Collaboration
- Provides a platform for university and global academic collaboration . Allowing multiple users to work on the same project without conflicts, streamlining efforts.
- Easy Documentation and Dissemination
- GitHub facilitates effective documentation of research processes and broader dissemination of findings.
- Cost Savings
- Public and private projects at no cost to campus users including faculty, staff, students, and researchers.
- Project Promotion
- Provides a way to promote and cultivate Syracuse University open source projects to all audiences.
- Promotes Open Science
- Hosting code and data on GitHub aids in ensuring research transparency and reproducibility.
Why do I need to use GitHub?
One reason to use the Syracuse University GitHub organization is the Unlimited public/private repositories that a user can make.