This page is for manual wireless printing from macOS Sierra (10.12) and newer.
Mobility Print Preferred
It is recommended that you first attempt Mobility Print prior to the steps below as it requires far fewer steps to print. Instructions can be found here: https://www.papercut.com/support/resources/manuals/mobility-print/mobility-print-devices/topics/en/client-setup-ios.html
Step 1 - Launch System Preferences
Go to the Apple menu and click System Preferences
Step 2 - Select Printers & Scanners.
Printers & Scanners is located toward the bottom of the System Preferences window. Your window may look different as the window in the example is macOS 10.15 Catalina.
Step 3 - Add The Printer
Under the printers list click on the + icon to add a new printer.
Step 4 - Add the desired printer
How to Print
- Open the file you wish to print
- Go to the File menu and choose Print. From the printer dropdown, select the printer that you want to use. (NOTE: Snow Leopard users who did not already add the "Duplex Printing Unit" will need to take an additional, one-time, step in order to print double-sided. Go to System Preferences, Print & Fax, select the double-sided printer, then select "Options & Supplies", select the "Driver" tab and check the "Duplex Printing Unit" option. Then click "OK".) Then, click the Print button in the file you wish to print.
- You will be asked to log in as a "registered user". Type your SU NetID in ad\NetID format -- for example, ad\jdoe. Your password is your SU NetID password. Be sure to use your SU Login, not your Mac username Without the ad\ your authentication will fail.
- Once you are sure that you have used the ad\login format, check the box to save your credentials in the keychain. Click OK.
- Once you are ready, click Print.
Can't Add a printer?
Make sure the device has a connection to a network (wired or wireless). Is the username and password correct? You can confirm this on the NetID self serve page.
Are you using the ad\netid format when attempting to print? Revisit your configuration, make sure that everything is correct with the print server and the printer name.