The Department of Public Administration and International Affairs sees the internship search as an opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge needed to successfully search for jobs in international relations and public policy. As such, we provide support, guidance and mentoring to students during the process, but encourage students to engage in the search directly.
Please use the following resources to help identify opportunities in the international affairs space.
- Daybook - Political, Policy, and Non-Profit Job Board
- GlobalJobs.org - Policy, NGOs, and Academia
- Devex Job Board - Relief and Development, primarily with USAID support contractors
- ReliefWeb Job Board - Relief and Development
- USAjobs.gov - U.S. Federal Government Jobs
- AvueDigitalServices - U.S. Federal Government Jobs
- SAM.gov - U.S. Federal Contracting Jobs
- Businesses for Social Responsibility - Corporate Social Responsibility jobs
- Traverse Jobs - Advocacy Jobs in Politics, Policy & PR
- EuroBrussels - Jobs in European Affairs
In the international development space, bilateral aid is carried out through partnerships with locally-based organizations, known as implementing partners or grantees. By identifying who works where, it can be helpful to focus on particular sub-fields or employment locations
- ForeignAssistance.gov - U.S. government bilateral aid
- UNDP Transparency Portal - UN funding disbursed through UNDP
- Think Tank and Civil Society Program - University of Pennsylvania listing of internationally renowned Think Tanks