If you wish to change your official name on the record that would apply to all official records from the school, then they must submit official, legal name change documentation (e.g. court order, divorce decree) directly to the Office of the Registrar.  Use the “Change of Student Information” form which is available online here: https://registrar.syr.edu/wp-content/uploads/form-change-of-student-information-1.pdf

Alternatively,  you may request to use a preferred name on your diploma via MySlice.  Instructions on how to have their name printed differently on their diploma can be found online here: https://registrar.syr.edu/students/diplomas/faq/#Can_I_have_my_name_printed_differently_on_my_diploma_or_certificate

One last option would be to identify a preferred or chosen name (in addition to their official name of record) using the View/Update Names page link found in the Personal Services section of MySlice.  More information on this option can be found online here: https://answers.syr.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=45091397

  • No labels