How to Schedule an Appointment
In an effort to follow social distancing protocols, all student advising appointments for International Relations majors, minors and prospective students will be done virtually, primarily using Microsoft Teams, or another web conferencing service as necessary.
Please continue to schedule appointments through Orange SUccess. Here are the instructions to follow after you have scheduled your appointment:
- Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email from your advisor with a link.
- A few minutes before the meeting time, click on “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.”
- You will receive a prompt to open Teams in a desktop app or web browser – either of these is fine.
- Please be sure to test your microphone and camera settings prior to the appointment and then click “Join” to start your meeting.
- If you have trouble, you can try logging into Office.com with your SU email and password and open Teams to try again.
- Mobile users will be directed to download the Microsoft Teams app. It is available at:
** Seniors (students planning to graduate in 2022) should schedule their appointments with Dr. D’Amico.
We appreciate your patience and flexibility in these challenging times. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our office at IR-Advisor@maxwell.syr.edu.
Amy Kennedy – primary academic advisor for freshmen through juniors, new major advising / declarations, prospective student advising, study abroad advising
Angela Allen – new major advising / declarations, prospective student advising
Dr. Terrie Northrup – advisor for both the Global Political Economy and Global Security Studies minors, International Relations Club advisor
Dr. Francine D’Amico – senior class advisor, capstone advisor, information about Sigma Iota Rho Honor Society, Model United Nations club and team, information about the International Relations Learning Community, and OXFAM @ SU
Appointment Scheduling Instructions
- Access Orange Success through MySlice (hit CTRL + F and enter “Success” if you don’t see the link).
- Select the advisors name in your Success Network, or by using the search tool.
- Under the advisor’s name, click “Schedule Appointment.”
- Find an open slot that works for you and click on the “+ Sign up” button to reserve that time.
For Non-Syracuse University Students
To schedule an appointment with one of our advisors, please contact Angela at 315-443-2306 or email@example.com.