The Political Science department offers advising services for students majoring and minoring in Political Science.

Please see our major requirements checklist and a list of frequently asked advising questions for additional information.  

Candy Brooks is available to help you declare a major or minor, to answer basic questions, and to see that you graduate by completing a senior check list. Candy is available during regular business hours (no appointment necessary) in 100 Eggers Hall. She can be reached at and at 315.443.2238.

Faculty advisors are assigned to each student majoring in Political Science. Faculty advisors help students choose a course of study in political science and ensure they are completing the major requirements. Faculty advisors lift student registration holds, so they must be consulted prior to each registration period. Candy Brooks assigns faculty advisors and notifies students via email. Current faculty office hours are available, but you can also meet with them by appointment.

Professor Chris Faricy is the Undergraduate Director for the department. He is available for general advising services and can answer specific questions, including questions about course petitions, independent study and political science research opportunities

The advisors at the Advising and Career Services office at the College of Arts and Sciences are available throughout every stage of a student’s undergraduate career. They can answer questions about the Liberal Arts Core requirements, and can help students create the most optimal academic plan to reach their learning objectives.

Many Political Science majors are interested in pursuing a law degree after graduation. The College of Arts and Sciences offers pre-law advising services specially designed for these students.

The Writing Center helps students at any stage of their writing process. We encourage our majors to consult with the writing experts to become stronger, more effective writers.

Not all problems can be solved by academic advisors. The Counseling Center offers services to help students adjust to college life and to help with mental health, substance abuse, and sexual assault or relationship violence issues.

  • No labels