ITS and Online Learning Services provided Training sessions for teaching with Kaltura, a cloud-based video service, to help prepare instructors to transition to online and hybrid teaching in advance of the Fall 2020 semester. The training focused on how to create, upload, and deploy instructional videos in Blackboard.
Introduction to Kaltura (60 Minutes)
This session provides an overview of the Kaltura system and its integration with Blackboard. No previous experience with video creation or hosting is required. Topics covered will include:
- Accessing Kaltura
- Creating videos in a browser with Express Capture
- Creating videos from a personal computer with the Kaltura Capture application
- Uploading content
- Posting content in Blackboard
- Comparing when to use Kaltura versus Zoom or Collaborate
- Information about the future of Ensemble
Introduction to Kaltura
A number of live training sessions were were held in Zoom from July-September 2020. This recording is an example of once such training and useful for individuals needing an introduction to the system:
Registration for this training is currently closed. This page will be updated as future sessions are created.