The School of Education has been engaged since 2020 in a comprehensive Re-design of structures, actions, and messages to promote:
- Greater appeal for students whose interests align with our areas of distinction,
- Increased commitment to antiracism and inclusion,
- Greater efficiency to create new bandwidth for faculty and staff to innovate, and a
- Stronger commitment to fiscal sustainability.
In academic year 2022-2023, the next phase of this process has involved a refresh of SOE's Academic Strategic Plan, part of an ASP refresh for the overall University and its component parts, .
The goal of this process has been to identify how SOE’s existing strengths can be used to create more distinctive excellence in research and creative work, educational excellence and student success, and public impact over the next five years.
School of Education ASP Committee
Kelly Chandler-Olcott (Co-Chair)
|Jing Lei (Co-Chair)||Mario Rios Perez|
|Beth A. Ferri||James Haywood Rolling Jr.|
|Jen Heckathorn (Staff Support)||Martin Walls|
|Dawn Johnson |
School of Education ASP Resources & Supporting Documents
- SOE Academic Strategic Plan (May 2023)
- Original School of Education ASP Narrative Template
- SOE Re-design Resolution (September 2022)
- SOE Re-design Proposal to Provost Ritter (May 2022)
- FREE: Academic Workgroup Recommendations (August 2020)
- FREE: Call for New Strategic Priorities for Syracuse University School of Education (August 2020)