The School of Education’s research efforts are supported by the Associate Dean for Research (ADR), in close collaboration with the Office of the Dean and Office of Business Services. The ADR is a half-time administrator, half-time tenured faculty member who:
- Provides feedback on grant applications, grant narratives, and budget rationales.
- Supports faculty across the professional lifespan and across all disciplines and fields of study in the School of Education.
- Fosters a collaborative scholarly community through hosting writing retreats, an annual 30-day online writing challenge, and providing opportunities for ongoing professional development.
- Oversees research-related grant competitions for faculty and students.
- Creates research newsletters and uses other media to help to disseminate and amplify research and creative work by faculty in the School of Education.
- Participates in School and university committees and initiatives related to research and creative work.
- Works collaboratively with other Associate Dean’s for Research, the Office of Research, Corporate Foundations and Relations, Office of Government and Community Relations, and Office of Sponsored Programs to support SOE faculty research and creative work.
Locating Funding for Your Research
- School of Education Research Profile
Add additional source feeds to your profile, starting at the Automated Search section
- Office of Research is the central hub for research support at Syracuse University, facilitating excellence in research, scholarship, innovation and creative activity that addresses emerging opportunities and societal needs.
- Office of Sponsored Programs supports funded research, creative, instructional, and service activities by providing comprehensive guidance and service to the campus community. OSP ensures all submitted proposals (and projects, once funded) conform to sponsor guidelines and University policies. Includes information on Funding Opportunity Resources and the PIVOT tool.
- Office of Research Integrity and Protections (ORIP) supports the university committees responsible for review and oversight of research involving animals and human subjects.
- Corporate and Foundation Relations builds bridges between faculty, students, and staff and leading organizations to increase funding and engagement and promote institutional priorities.
- Experts@Syracuse is an online tool designed to help faculty members, departments, and potential collaborators identify who is working in what research or scholarly areas at Syracuse University.
- Office of Sponsored Accounting oversees all sponsored funding, provides education and training for faculty and staff, and provides services such as financial reporting, invoicing, expenditure approval, and cash management.
- Office of Professional Research and Development—part of the School of Education—provides research, evaluation, and development services to clients within and outside of Syracuse University.
- Qualtrics is an online survey platform available to all Syracuse University students, faculty, and staff.
- Sponsored Award Management (SAM) Tool is Syracuse University’s financial and budget management tool for sponsored projects.
Beth Ferri, Associate Dean for Research and Professor