The School of Education offers collaborative meeting, class, and workshop space to support the use of technology in teaching, promote research, and to help facilitate presentations and conferences for faculty, staff, and students. Many spaces are shared primarily by the School of Education community, but also by the larger Syracuse University community. The room configuration and condition is the responsibility of the person in charge of the meeting. Rooms should be left in an orderly and clean condition after you leave.
Reservable Meeting Spaces
070B Huntington Hall
Capacity and use: Primarily used as classroom space. This space is recommended to be used for classes that need to use the laptop cart, assistive technology, a smartboard, or group work. Tables and chairs seat 28, with an additional 6 chairs. The table and chairs are mobile and stowable with 2 height adjustable tables, and can be arranged in unlimited configurations for lecture, conference table, multi-group, or wide-open setups. The room also has two whiteboards and 14 portable smaller whiteboards that can be hung on the walls or sides of tables.
Technology: 2 large front LCD displays connected to a Windows computer, a pen enabled Wacom tablet for the teaching station monitor, multiple adapters for laptop/device connections at the teaching station, a document camera, a smartboard, AppleTV, 2 other LCD displays that each accept an HDMI laptop connection for group work, an assistive listening device, lavalier microphone, ceiling mic, overhead speakers, rear and forward facing cameras, and height adjustable teaching station with a Extron touch control panel to manage the technology. This room is equipped with ample power outlets and Ethernet ports surrounding the perimeter in order to handle the mobile laptop cart usage.
To schedule: 070B reservation form.
Please do not use Outlook to book 070B any longer as those requests will be ignored. View the current free/busy calendar for 070B
When requesting for a course, please make sure it is the instructor of that course that is completing the reservation form. You need to complete a new form for each course for one semester only. A different course or different semester requires a new form.
- Summer: Requests by Nov 1, decisions by Dec 1
- Fall: Requests by Nov 1, decisions by Dec 1
- Spring: Requests by April 1, decisions by May 1
- All requests submitted after deadline will be considered on a space available basis
220 Huntington Hall (Ganders Lounge)
Capacity and technology: Large conference room with table and 14 chairs. The room has a large LCD display connected to Windows computer as well as a smaller rear LCD display, multiple adapters for laptop/device connections, both rear and forward facing cameras, speakers, and room microphone connected to the in room Windows computer. It also has an Apple TV to wirelessly project from an Apple device (phone, iPad or laptop), Within the 3 covered openings in the table contains power, USB, or HDMI connections, and a touch panel on the table at the front to control all that equipment for presentations. This touch panel follows the standard registrar classroom setups, which should make using this much more familiar to those already using tech in classrooms on campus.
There is also conference phone available for the room.
To schedule: Ganders Lounge reservation form.
Huntington Hall Conference Rooms
These spaces can be reserved with the associated department for meetings, non-regular classes, and conference calls.
- 160 Huntington Hall: Open area at the back of the 150 suite. Has whiteboard but no technology. Schedule with the Executive Assistant to the Dean.
- 175 Huntington Hall: Has whiteboard, large television display, and cable for laptop connections. Schedule with
- Executive Assistant to the Dean.
- 264 Huntington Hall: Large television display connected to Windows computer or cable for laptop connection. Conference call phone/speaker system. Schedule with
- Executive Assistant to the Dean.
- 320 Huntington Hall: Large television display and Apple TV for remote display of Apple OS and iOS devices. Schedule with the Center on Disability and Inclusion Office Coordinator.
- 335 Huntington Hall: Large television display and Apple T.V for remote display of Apple OS and iOS devices. Schedule with the Center on Disability and Inclusion Office Coordinator.
- 364 Huntington Hall (Tom Green Room): Large television display connected to Windows computer or cable for laptop connection. Schedule with the Center on Disability and Inclusion Office Coordinator.
- 375 Huntington Hall: Large television display connected to Windows computer or cable for laptop connection. Schedule with the Center on Disability and Inclusion Office Coordinator.
Huntington Hall Reservable Office Spaces for TAs (Instructor of Record)
For the 2023-2024 academic year, the School of Education has assigned room 154 and room 221 in Huntington Hall as shared meeting space, intended to be used for office hours and short meetings with students. They are not intended to be used as individual private space or project work rooms.
- Room name for calendar invite requests: SOE154HH
View the current free/busy calendar for 154HH
- Room name for calendar invite requests: SOE221HH
View the current free/busy calendar for 221HH
Capacity: 2-3 Individuals
To schedule: These rooms can be reserved for a maximum of 60 minutes at a time and not more than 120 days in advance. Instructions on How to Reserve
Public Event and Collaborative Spaces
Sharon H. Jacquet Education Commons (130 Huntington Hall)
Public lounge and working space at main entrance of Huntington Hall. Students can work here quietly, or meet for collaborative work. Can be reserved for receptions, lectures, workshops, and presentations. When not reserved, open and available during building hours.
Capacity and use: Maximum 125 in lecture style, with fewer if tables are brought in. There are 60 chairs available for seating if needed and 12 tables. Room is 40’ wide with depths increasing from 29’ at the back to 40’ in the front of the room.
Technology: Large 80″ digital display with VGA and HDMI laptop connectivity, wifi available.
Huntington Hall Atrium
Public lounge and working space. Students can work here quietly, or meet for collaborative work. Can be reserved to support events in the Commons. When not reserved, open and available during building hours.
To schedule: Search for the SOE-e-Atrium Outlook Calendar (SU accounts only) and send a meeting invite, or email email@example.com. Include date and time requested. Include purpose of the reservation and a contact person. Please include time in your reservation for room setup and cleanup.
070 and 050 Huntington Hall Outer Areas
Large work surfaces, sofa, and chairs for work and collaboration. Not reservable, open and available during building hours.
TA-Instructor of Record Shared Meeting Spaced
- 020 Huntington Hall: maintained by ITS and available for use by all Syracuse University individuals. Computers have software standard to all University computers.