Accessibility ICT Policy Council
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
3:00 - 4:00 PM
Zoom (Please see Outlook Invite for Details)
Members: Lisa Andreotta, Melanie Domanico, Bethany Heaton Crawford, Angela King Taylor, Vince Patriarco, Lana Pettit, Miguel Pica, Paula Possenti-Perez, Pamela Thomas, Brian Tibbens, Robin Wade, and Scott Warren
Co-chairs: Jenny Gluck and William Myhill
Guests: Michael Morrison
Minutes: Christian Jones
- Welcome/Announcements (Jenny and William)
- Status Check-in and Timeline / Goal Reminder
- Blackboard Ally Demo (Michael Morrison)
- Defining Active and Archived Content Roles and Responsibilities
- Course content (student work, for ex.)
- Research materials
- The Public
- Recruiting materials
- Admissions materials
- Athletics materials
- Past events (graduation, for ex.) and supporting digital materials
- University records, shared stats
- Board of Trustees
- Working teams, committees, councils (collaborations)
- Recent use of the content vs intentions to use it again
- If using as a reference document, make sure it's accessible.
- Individual vs team/group use
- Human Resources
- Forms, documents, policies
- University Business Content
- Content that may be required by University personnel - protected or not
- Guiding Principles of Prioritization of Active/Archived Content and Policy Statement
- "Anything that is active and inaccessible needs to be remediated; anything that is archived and inactive can be left alone."
- Archived/on-demand content
If it’s archived, leave it alone/get an exception, but if it’s active/public, we need to make sure it’s accessible. There will then need to be priority for active content.
Owners of inaccessible active content should also offer an option for remediation on demand.
- How do we make it easier on the campus to accomplish this goal?
- Next/Future Meeting
- Extended Meeting Series ~ January, 2022
- Recommendation 11 & 12
Ongoing Issues to Address
- Glossary of Terms
- End of Exception Cycle
- The exception is only good for the term of the version. How long is the life of the exception? What triggers a review of the product?
Review of DERC Phase 2 Recommendations Communications with Council (available in the Restricted Resource Library to AICTPC members)