Instructors can use Adobe Connect to create online content for their courses.
These steps will show you how to deliver an online presentation that can be recorded and distributed to your students.
Setting Up Your Meeting Room
The first part in this process is to create your meeting room in Adobe Connect and upload your content into the meeting room.
- Login to Adobe Connect with your NetID and password.
- Next to Create New, click Meeting.
- Give your meeting room a Name.
- Optionally, enter a Custom URL.
- Click Finish.
- On the next page, click Enter Meeting Room.
- The meeting room will open in a new window.
- On the right side of the window, click on the Sharing layout.
- Use the pods to customize your layout, if desired.
Uploading Content into the Meeting Room
Now that your meeting room has been created, it can be populated with all of the content you need to deliver your lecture. The steps below will show you how to upload a document, such as a PDF or PowerPoint presentation, to your meeting room.
- In the Share pod, click on the drop down arrow next to Share My Screen.
- Select Share Document.
- In the pop-up box, click Browse My Computer and select the document you want to use in your lecture.
- You may see a progress bar as your document is uploading to your Adobe Connect room.
- You should see your document appear in the Adobe Connect meeting room window.
- If you've uploaded a PowerPoint presentation, you can use the arrows at the bottom left of the screen to navigate through the presentation.
Connecting your Audio and Video
Now that you have your desired content uploaded into the Adobe Connect room, you can choose to connect audio and video so your students can hear and see you deliver your lecture.
- Click on Meeting and select Audio Setup Wizard.
- Run through the Wizard to ensure your microphone is set up properly.
- When finished with the wizard, make sure your Microphone icon is green and does not have a line through it.
- In your Video pod, click Start My Webcam.
- You will see a preview of your video.
- Click Start Sharing.
Record your Lecture
Once you have your content and have setup audio/video, you are ready to record your lecture.
- Click on Meeting and select Record Meeting.
- You will be prompted to give your recording a Name. You can change this if needed. Click OK.
- On the upper right side of your screen, you will be notified that the recording has started.
- At any point during your lecture, you can click the red recording button and choose to either pause Recording or Stop Recording.
- When you're done recording, click Stop Recording.
- Click on Meeting and select End Meeting.
- Close out of the Adobe Connect meeting room window.
Sharing your Recorded Lecture
Your recorded lecture is saved in Adobe Connect. The recording is saved as a link that you can share with students.
- If not already there, navigate to your Meeting Information page by clicking on the Meetings tab, and select the Meeting Room where you did the recording.
- Click on Recordings.