The steps below are used to create a secure connection to access University resources via virtual private network (VPN) on a macOS device. You need to establish this connection first to access any University resources.
Setting Up a VPN Connection on MacOS
- Ensure your device is connected to the internet.
- Download the VPN connection tool.
- Select the VPN Setup file in your browser's downloads area or search for VPN_Setup.dmg in your spotlight area and launch the file.
Scroll down once the window opens and select the "resources" folder.
Note: Clicking The blue box with the "S" will result in an error that says '" " is damaged and can't be opened."
- Once inside the resources folder, open the "SUVPNconfig.internetconnect" file.
- Under Account Name, enter your NetID.
Check the box 'Show VPN status in menu bar'.
Now click the Connect button.
(you may be required to Apply Changes before continuing)
- Enter your NetID and password.
- You should now be connected to the VPN.
- Look for the small VPN status icon on the Mac menu bar. You can use this icon to connect and disconnect to the VPN. Also enable 'Show Time Connected' to make it easier to see the status of the VPN.
- If you also want to connect to the G or H drives from off campus, follow these steps.