- Open SURA and connect to the SU Network.
- Enter arch-remotelab.syr.edu in the Computer box and click Connect.
Enter your SU username and password. Your username is entered in the format: ad\NetID.
If you receive a message "Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because an error occurred on the remote computer..." when trying to connect, this means that all remote computers are in use. Please try again later.
If you receive a message "Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons..." check to make sure you started the VPN first.
If you receive a message "The remote computer that you are trying to connect to requires Network Level Authentication (NLA)...", make sure you add "ad\" in front of your NetID when entering credentials.
If you receive a message "Cannot map directory path" because "The specified network password is not correct"; or "The local device name is already in use"; or "G:\ is not accessible. The user name or password is incorrect", then try these steps:
- Disconnect from SURA and close any open file manager windows.
- Using Windows search, type 'Credential Manager' and start the app. Click 'Windows Credentials'.
- Scroll down the list and look for an entry with your SU email address. Select it and click Edit. Enter your NetId password again.
- Or you can delete the entry and it will be recreated once you run SURA again.
- Select Yes
- After you are done with your remote session, please select Start
Another way to exit the remote session is to click on the X, located on the blue bar at the top of your screen, which appears when you hover the mouse near the top edge.
Please remember to disconnect from the SU network. In the SURA utility, click File > Exit And Disconnect.