The VZ-X is more than just a document camera. It is a webcam with built-in mic on an articulating arm. It can be used for web conferencing and pointed at a wall for use with pin-ups or wall-based markups.
- Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Using the camera with Zoom (PDF)
- Using the camera with Microsoft Teams (PDF)
- Other guides and tips & tricks
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The VZ-X camera has built-in wireless, but please do not use the wireless on campus, as it interferes with AirOrangeX. Please keep it disabled by moving the slider switch from Wi-Fi to USB/HDMI.
The camera does not require software to operate. You can use it in Zoom, Teams, etc., immediately after connecting it to the computer via the included USB cable.
Visualizer and Whiteboard cannot be used from phones/tablets on campus with the camera, as they require the camera to be placed in wireless mode, which interferes with the campus wireless network. Please only use off campus.
Visualizer can be used via the USB cable on laptops.
Visualizer for Windows/macOS is obtained through the respective app stores; admin access should not be required to install it. If you run into trouble, please set up an appointment with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charging the battery
- The battery is integrated into the camera base.
- Use the included USB cable to connect to a USB charger (charger not included--use a phone charger).
VZ-X Control layout