In some situations, instructors with a HIPAA Zoom account will wish to change this account to be associated with another email address to utilize the non-HIPAA Zoom with their email@example.com, in order to be able to use Zoom for teaching and Blackboard integration.
This process needs to be initiated by a request to ITS. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will need to make this request on your behalf. When the request is made, you will be notified by ITS that they have initiated the process to get this done.
The following is what you can expect and the steps you need to follow to confirm and complete this process:
- ITS changes the email address associated with the phi-syracuseuniversity.zoom.us instance from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that phi-syracuseuniversity.zoom.us will be associated with your SU Google Account.
- Once ITS receives this request and a confirmation from you that you would like to move forward, you will receive an email from Zoom to your email@example.com account. Click on "Confirm and Continue" in the body of the email.
- Next log into your G-Suite email by visiting https://g.syr.edu and look for an email from Zoom. Click "Confirm Change".
- Next visit https://zoom.us.
- Click "SIGN IN" in the upper right hand corner.
- Under the Sign In section is ---"Or Sign in with" --- with 3 buttons SSO, Google, or Facebook. Click the Google Button.
- In the box for Email or phone, enter your firstname.lastname@example.org and press "Next".
- Enter your NetID and password when presented with the Syracuse University NetID and Password prompt on the next screen. Click "Log In".
- You will be asked to enter or confirm your DOB.
- Press the "Create Account" button to confirm the creation of the new account.
- This will have successfully completed the change over from using syr.edu to g.syr.edu for your HIPAA Zoom account.
- To make adding the syr.edu as a new account in the normal instance of Zoom easier, click the square in the upper right hand corner and click "SIGN OUT"
- To add syr.edu as a separate, new non-HIPAA Zoom account. Visit https://zoom.syr.edu.
- Click "Login to SU Zoom Account".
- Click "Sign in".
- Enter your NetID and password into the Syracuse University NetID and Password window. Click "Log In". This should automatically create your account using your @syr.edu email within Zoom.
Notes: When logging into HIPAA Zoom, use the Google button to use your email@example.com account. When logging into regular Zoom, use the SSO and enter the domain "syracuseuniversity" to login using your regular firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will NOT receive these emails if you have not requested this. If for any reason you have received an email to confirm any type of change to your Zoom account and you did not request it, please email email@example.com to report it.