- Every time you pull up a students audit, click the "Process New" button to refresh the audit.
- If it appears that degree information is "missing":
- Check the Degree drop down at the top of the audit to toggle between BA and BS degrees.
- Check the effective dating for requirement terms on the students Program/Plan stack in MySlice
|Exception Type||Description of when this is used:||Example/scenario of how this is used:|
Forces a requirement to be met without applying additional classes.
It is the most powerful exception type available.
Use to substitute one course for another.
Substitutions can be applied before or after the alternate course is taken.
Student has completed another course instead of required course that is equivalent in content.
Use when you wish to expand the course options available for a specific requirement.
In many instances this is a better option than using the Substitute exception.
Also Allow can be applied before or after the alternate course is taken.
|Use to add advisor approved electives.|
Use when you need to move a course from one place in an audit to another.
Apply Here must be used with caution as it overrides any rules that may be associated
with the requirement; e.g. will apply a course even if a student fails it. Therefore "with"
qualifiers should be used in these instances.
A math course is applying to an elective but would be a better used for a specific math requirement.
|Remove Course and/or Change Limit|
Use to remove a class from a requirement or to change the number of classes or credits required.
Change required number of Foreign Language Credits
from 11 to 8.
Use for Apply Here or Also Allow:
- Dept # as Major course substitution by Petition
- Dept # as Minor course substitution by Petition
- Dept # as HUM course by Petition
- Dept # as SS course by Petition
- Dept # as Nat Sci/Math course by Petition
- Dept # as HUM Seq. course by Petition
- Dept # as SS Seq. course by Petition
- Dept # as Nat Sci/Math Seq. course by Petition
Use for Force Complete:
- Force Complete - Lang. Proficiency by Petition
- Humanities Sequence waived per AA/AS Degree
- Social Science Sequence waived per AA/AS Degree
- Nat Sci/Math Sequence waived per AA/AS Degree
- Humanities Course waived per AA/AS Degree
- Social Science Course waived per AA/AS Degree
- Nat Sci/Math Course waived per AA/AS Degree