*If you are trying to add a XEROX printer, please DO NOT follow these instructions. Instead click here for instructions on adding a XEROX printer to a personally-owned Mac.
*The following directions are to connect to an Arts and Sciences managed printer from a personally-owned Macintosh computers connected to the SU network via AirOrangeX.
*Please verify that you have installed the driver of the corresponding printer before adding the printer in System Preferences.
1. Under System Preferences, Printers & Scanners click on the plus button. You may need to unlock the Preference Pane.
2. From the Add Printer window right-click on the top title area (anywhere with open grey space) and select Customize Toolbar...
Drag the Advanced (round gear) icon up to the Add Printer title bar. It should then look like:
3. Click on the Advanced item.
4. Change the Type to Windows printer via spools, enter the URL of the windows print queue, change the Name to match the queue, and enter the room number in the location. You can find the printer name labeled on the actual printer.
5. Under Choose a Driver or Printer Model, Select Printer Software...
Find your printer model, hit OK.
Click Configure if prompted and setup and optional settings (extra trays, duplex, memory, etc.). Once you hit OK your printer should be installed.
6. When you print for the first time to a SU printer, you will be prompted to authenticate. In the name field please enter “AD\netid” without the quotes then your password.
You are now ready to print!