Directions for batch loading names into a Blackboard Organization.
For the batch process to work, the file must have one record on each line of the file. Each record must be in the following field order:
Organization ID (Required), Username (Required), Organization Role, System Availability, Organization Availability
Each field entry within the record should be separated from the next by a special character, called the delimiter. Permissible delimiters include comma, tab, and colon. The Automatic setting will attempt to pick the delimiter used in the file. The same delimiter must be used throughout the batch file.
- Fields marked with an asterisk Required and colored RED are required.
- If quotation marks appear within a quoted field, they must be used twice (doubled up), for example "Alexander""the Great"".
- Valid Organization Role field values are: "S" for Participant, "P" for Leader, "T" for Assistant, "B" for Organization Builder, "G" for Grader, "U" for Guest
- If there is no field value for the Organization Role field, Organization Role will default to Participant for that record.
- Permissible values for the Organization Availability field are: Y (Yes) and N (No).
- If there is no field value for the Organization Availability field, the field will default to Y (Yes), meaning that the user will be enrolled.
- Permissible values for the System Availability field are: Y (Yes) and N (No).
- If there is no field value for the System Availability field, the field will default to Y (Yes), meaning that the user will have access to the system.
Sources and Relevant Links