Blackboard Instructor is a mobile app that enables you to:
- Preview course items, assignments, and tests.
- Participate in discussions.
- Send announcements.
- Interact with your class in Blackboard Collaborate.
Note that you cannot change the options for announcements e.g. availability or date settings, add content items, or anything beyond the above.
The app is available for both iOS and Android mobile devices (operating systems):
You can download the Instructor App for iPhone from the iTunes store by clicking here
You can download the Instructor App for Android from the Google Play store by clicking here
Mobile Phone Information
|Hand Held Device
|Sprint Carrier Network
|Verizon Carrier Network
|AT&T Carrier Network
Download and open the app. After opening Bb Instructor, you will see a black screen with "Blackboard" in the middle. Beneath that, tap on "Type your school's name" and start typing Syracuse University. After a few letters, "Syracuse University Courses" will appear. Tap on Web Login.
The SU authentication window will open:
Sign in with your SU NetID and password and the Instructor app will open:
Your current course list will open. You can change to courses from the previous year by swiping left or right. Enter a course by tapping on the course title.
Once the course opens, you will see 3 sections:
- Due Dates - Lists any activities in your course that are marked as due in the next 2 weeks
- Course Materials -split into 3 sections
- Course Content (hidden items will show as such)
- Lists all content areas to view (but not create) content
- A link to the Discussions section
- A list of any tool links in the course menu
- Instructors - Just a list of all instructors in the course
You can tap on any of the sections to open it and view any posted content. You cannot post any new content. You may Create Announcements or read and participate in discussions. Note that you an start a thread in an existing forum, but cannot create a new forum.
At this time there is no access to grading in the Instructor app, but will be added in the future by Blackboard.
For more information on the Blackboard Instructor App, watch the video below:
Sources and Relevant Links