Organizations provide a collection of web-based tools, making it easy for group members to participate in on-line activities such as:
- Document sharing (papers, agendas, minutes, reports, etc.)
- Planning and administration (announcements, calendar)
- Communication (mailing lists, discussion boards, real-time chat and white board)
- Groups (communications and document sharing between members)
- On-line surveys
- Links to other on-line resources (web pages, databases)
A Blackboard Organization is managed by one or more leaders who can build the content of the site and enable tools for the participants. Additional participants may be assigned support roles such as assistant or builder which have limited administrative privileges. Participants may access materials and participate in an organization, but not change settings or add content.
Users are strongly encouraged to review the Organization Service Description before requesting an organization. This document describes the service that ITS will provide to users of the Blackboard Community System for organizations at Syracuse University.
All organization requests must be submitted through the web site. To request an organization in the Blackboard Community System, complete the Request an Organization Form.