In Blackboard if a button has no content, it will be hidden unless in Edit mode. You are in Edit mode when the Edit button on the top right corner of your screen says "On". If it says "Off", simply click the icon to turn it on.
If you still don't see the Button once in Edit mode, you can create a button by doing the following:
- Make sure you are in Edit mode.
- Click the plus sign above the menu buttons.
- Choose the type of Button you want to create.
- Enter a name and click the Available to Users check box, then hit Submit.
- You can move the button by clicking the arrows on the left side of the button and dragging it to where you want it.